Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter

We've had a great Easter. This year the kids wanted something a little more challenging so we decided on a scavenger hunt. For lunch, our good friends Tim, Diane, Tyler and Gunnar came over for Easter lunch.....lots of ham, potato salad and stuff to eat!





This was their baskets before the hunt.


Reviewing their list of items to find


After finding all the loot!

Not only did Chuck and I make a scavenger hunt for the kids, the kids sent us geocaching around the house. It was very cleaver! Here are the clues Kinzi and Nathan came up with!

For Easter, we've hidden a cache for you too! On the back will be your first clue!

Look near the crack that does not creak, but sprang a leak! **kids bathroom unknown crack until that day....some water from the bathroom had escaped down the wall and soak the drywall downstairs and we now have peeling paint.....an egg was placed there with further clues**

Now your here, do you look up, down, or turn around. Now look in what you've found! (Beware of decoys). **Little box with magnet on inside and outside put high upon a wall....had to get a step stool to get to it.....it had another clue in it**

From the pong to the ping, your sure to find this thing! **Magnetic egg under ping pong table with clues to last clue from the kids!**

Where the stench rays dwell, from the socks to the smell, where's this cache? We won't tell! ** This ended up being Nathan's sock drawer with a big egg that looks much like all the caches we find when we are geocaching.....I must say it had us going for a while....we always say the dog has stench rays so we were focused on him for a while....but we finally figured it out!

We were so please that the kids thought about doing that for us! Now here our clues for the kids....I won't put all 30 but I'll put the really good ones:

1) I'm hiding next to one of your favorite possessions. I like the dark, but a little light and wind is present when things "compute". ....The computer

2) You don't use me very much, but I do the dirty work after meals.....dishwasher

3) I like to "hang" out with the food. Mom likes me because I can be very "spicy". .....Spice Rack

4) Mom loves to listen to me. Dad hates to clean me. Bees love me......The fountain outside

5) If I was a snake charmer, I would look for the right of 3......I have 3 little baskets that look like snake charming baskets..

6) I'm hiding with the dust bunnies...If you find me, this challenge will be "wrapped up"....under mom's bed by the wrapping paper

7) You'll soom become familiar with me. "Gas" me up and let the "clippings" fly.......the lawn mower

8)Don't let me "bounce" to high!......the trampoline

9) Wiiiii, you found miiiiiiiii!......obviously by the Wii

10) We wish the dog did his chores......Scruffy's toy box

No comments: