Thursday, December 6, 2007

Linda's Lines from Other website

I'm always busy but.....this year has been crazy!!!! The year started out with a trip to Greece, what fun! We spent several days in Athens and then traveled to Crete where Chuck was working. We spent time with a Greek fighter pilot's family. I loved the food but Chuck thought it was kind of bland.....if you can't put jalapeno's on it what's the point right? Anyway, I had a great time. My mother stayed with my kids while I was able to go with Chuck.
I spent an enormous time volunteering while Kinzi was in 3rd grade. I worked with her class on a class newspaper. It turned out awesome but was a lot of work.
I threw Chuck a surprise 40th birthday party in April. His family and one of his best friends came down.
In April, I went with my friends Lori and Tracy (from my IBM days) to NYC. We had a nice long girls weekend. We went to see SPAMALOT on Broadway. It was a great show!
In May we were able to go to San Antonio to see Drew's son, Michael, graduate from High School. The whole family was down and it was nice to see everyone.
This summer Nathan took a Robotics mini class at the University of Arizona and Kinzi took an Art class in Tubac, AZ so I was non-stop driving to get them to their activties.
To escape the Arizona heat, we spend a long weekend in San Diego. The kids played in the ocean the whole time on boogie boards!
We were able to squeeze in a trip to Las Vegas this summer. I was able to see one of my really good neighbors and Nathan was able to see his best buddy there for several days. I enjoyed SPAMALOT on Broadway so much in April, we took everyone to see the SPAMALOT show in Las Vegas on this trip. It was great, the kids really enjoy it.
Every quarter we go to the Gaslight Theatre here in Tucson. The shows are comedies. The last one we saw this year was Robin Hood and it was the best show so far.
In August, I had to have more surgery. It was suppose to be laprascopic but it didn't go very well and they ended up having to cut me open. I had a much longer recovery than expected.
I started coaching soccer about two weeks after surgery (way to soon for me to be running around). That is still going on and it is going well.
We just got back from Orlando, Fl where we stayed at the Nickelodeon Resort and went to five Theme Parks.
I'm getting ready for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, which includes writing the Blank Chronicles.
I still read a lot and I'll post the books I've read this year and tell you what I've thought about them in case you need recommendations.
I've really gotten in to digital scrapbooking this year too and if you look around my site you'll see some of the layouts I've done. I download or buy designers kits and then put everything together with my pictures and Photoshop.
Oh.....nearly forgot. I've been updating Kinzi's Room. She was very tired of pink.....All her walls were pink. Now her room is White, Black and Lime Green. Look in her section and you'll see what we did for her room!

No comments: