Sunday, July 20, 2008

Invasion of the tiny frogs

Meet our little froggie friends! Yee gads! We have tons of this little critters running around our yard. We counted 26 on the driveway and sidewalks....we're sure there are just tons more in the rocks. These guys are no bigger than 1 cm. Today, at lunch time, I caught one in the garage and showed the kids. We oohed and ahhed over how tiny it was and then let it go. At dinner, Kinzi came in from getting a soda out of the garage and told us the little froggie was back with a friend. We proceeded to show Chuck (he wasn't home earlier when I found the first one). Chuck and Nathan laughed over it really being a nano frog....geocachers will get that comment. Anyway, after dinner, when I went to put out the garbage, I found three by my front door, turn around saw two more and then looked up and everywhere you looked little critters were jumping everywhere. The kids came outside and counted 26 on our side walk and drive way. We also saw one that might me mom.


Freddy
Billy
Cindy
Bobby
Patty

Lucy Mom decided to pose for me right as I snapped the picture!

Just kidding...we really didn't name them I just didn't know what else to put on the captions.

No comments: