Sunday, May 10, 2009

My mom asked me to start blogging again!

Well....I've gotta say I'm so happy with my mom....she asked me if I was going to keep blogging and that she missed it! Bless her heart! I wondered if anyone really read it or cared.....thanks Mom! I'll start blogging regularly again!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms and grandmothers out there!

Let's catch up on what's happening shall we! As you might know Chuck had surgery on his foot again. This is the same one that he sliced open on sheet metal 3 years ago. The new orthopedic doctor repaired the foot some more and took out stitches the last surgeon left in. Yep, the last surgeon didn't use dis solvable stitches and they were still in there....very painful. We go back to the doctor tomorrow and he'll have the surgery cast taken off. We don't know what he'll do from there but we know this time he will get to experience physical rehab on his foot. I suspect he'll be in another cast for awhile.

I attend the second photography workshop in Utah a couple of weeks ago. I've learned alot and hope to put lots of things in practice. I'll post more pictures just as soon as I have to to take some and edit them.

Kinzi attend her first Irish Dancing competition last weekend. She won two 3rd place metals and one honorable mention. Her next competition is next weekend. She's really loving Irish Dancing.

While Kinzi dances, Chuck takes Nathan shooting at a shooting range (not while he's on crutches though) and they have fun shooting targets. I can't tell you what they shoot but they shoot a couple of things.

The kids have two more weeks of school. Nathan's comprehensives are Tues, Wed and Thurs and then their last week will be major "fun" projects. I'm so glad we've found this school. Both kids are so happy there and they are learning an enormous amount.

Since I read all the time I thought I'd start telling you about the books I've read. My book club recently finish a book by my favorite author, Jodi Picoult. It's called Handle With Care. It's a pretty sad book but it was very good. My favorite book by this author is being made into a movie called My Sisters Keeper. If you haven't read Jodi Picoult, I highly recommend her!

My book club is now reading Glass Castle: A memoir by Jeanette Walls. It had me hooked from the first chapter. I also, highly recommend this book. If you know of any really good books, I could use some recommendations.

Our favorite TV shows have wrapped up or are wrapping us this week for the season. We watch Heros, Lost, and The Biggest Loser.

OH, Oh,Oh, if you didn't see Star Trek this weekend, you've really missed out. It is EXCELLENT. My whole family loved it! We saw Wolverine last weekend and it was really good as well. My girl friends and I just saw Ghost of Girlsfriends Past and it was just ok. Star Trek hands down get our overall vote.

No comments: