Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Meet Brutus

Well....you met some of our tiny froggie friends in previous blog entries... now meet the opposite end. This is Brutus, he greeted me this morning by jumping at me while I was closing the door when I was leaving to take the kids to school. I spent all day in town while the kids were in school and when I came home, he was still here.....snoozing by the cactus.

This sucker is the size of the small Chihuahuas that live down the street. Not only is he huge, he's poisonous. He's a Colorado River Toad. Don't know if you can see the white pockets on the side of his face, but that's what's poisonous. If Scruffy was to get him....it wouldn't go well for Scruffy. I was going out tonight with the bucket to send him on a flying leap over the fence and he was gone.

The kids started school yesterday but I'll wait until the end of the week to update everyone.





No comments: