Saturday, June 21, 2008

Day 24 - Rome

Today's activities involved just a fun tour about the Angels and Demons book that Dan Brown wrote (author of the Da Vinci Code). The tour took us to all the places in the book. As we got to the first place, I go and push click on my camera and boy.....am I a dunderhead! I left the SD card in the computer last night while I updated the website. Needless to say, I was a bit disappointed that we didn't have a camera. The kids really enjoyed this tour a lot and have been talking about it all day.

Cute side story.....the girl checking us in for the tour had a dog that looked like a miniature Scruffy. Trust me this little poodle-ish dog had a lot of bravado and was very much Italian. As the girls husband is walking him he decided to stop, then proceeds to lay down, then proceed to gain a 100lbs and will not move. It was hysterical. After a while, the pup decided to visit all of us. He loved the kids, jumped on everyone and was just adorable. Mind you this dog maybe weighed 5 or 6 lbs. He turned into a ferocious beast when other dogs were around...didn't matter what size....that little dog would take after them. We loved his Italian attitude.....

After coming back to the room to cool off, we went geocaching again when the temperature cooled down. We found three caches by the Vatican. We had to be very careful because there are tons of people around.

We figured out I've been with the kids 24/7 for 24 days with the exception of 15 minutes one time in Poland when I went to the store while Chuck got the kids ice cream....we are starting to need our own space!!! I love them to pieces but we are all ready to be home and are missing our Scruffy something terrible.

Our last day is tomorrow and we're going to take it fairly easy (for us), we are visiting a cat refuge, and visiting some parks. I'll try to get one more post in before we leave on Monday.

No comments: